Purchase this Mercury outboard model and get a total of 5 years of Mercury factory-backed limited coverage!
In addition to the standard 3-year warranty, you will also receive a 2-year Mercury Product Protection Gold plan!
ALL NEW V-8 4.6L 4-STROKE MODEL
Designed to be reliable, powerfull and efficient!
The new Mercury V-8 FourStrokes are precision engineered from skeg to cowl.
Packed with advanced technology to improve all aspects of performance and reliability, the robust V-8 4.6-liter engines - designed to minimize weight and maximize torque - deliver Mercury’s best-ever FourStroke hole shot, top speed and fuel efficiency.
The new FourStrokes also provide remarkably effective dampening of sound and vibration for a superior boating experience, and Idle Charge battery-management prevents boaters from draining their batteries while operating multiple electronic devices.
The new V-8 boasts class-leading displacement but is the lightest engine in the 300hp class by more than 10 pounds.
Quick-revving double-overhead camshaft design and deep-breathing intake deliver thrilling and satisfying performance.
Great for aluminum console, deck, inflatable rigid hull, inshore fishing, offshore fishing, and runabout boats and tritoons.
Measurements / Performance:
• HP / KW: 250 / 186
• Shaft Length: 25in
• Engine Type: V-8
• Displacement: 279 CID (4.6L)
• Cylinder Configuration: V8 [64 degree] with Dual Overhead Cam [DOHC] and 32-valves
• Bore and stroke: 3.6" x 3.4" / 92 mm x 86 mm
• Full throttle RPM: 5200 - 6000
• Gearcase ratio: 1.75:1
• Gearcase options: 5.44"
• Dry weight *Lightest model available: 527 lbs / 239 kgs
• Air induction: Performance-Tuned Long-Runner Intake Manifold
• Fuel induction system: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) Computer Controlled with Advanced Range Optimization
• CARB star rating: 3 Stars - Ultra Low Emission
• Alternator amp / Watt: 85-amp (1071 Watt) with Idle Charge
• Engine protection operator warning system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
• Starting: Electric Start with SmartStart Protection
• Controls: Digital Throttle & Shift (DTS) compatible
• Steering: Hydraulic
• Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
• Gear shift: F-N-R
• Trim system: Power trim and tilt
• Maximum Trim Range: 20° (-6° to 14°)
• Maximum Tilt Range: 73° (-6° to 67°)
• Exhaust system: Through prop
• Ignition: SmartCraft PCM 112 Digital Inductive
• Lubrication system: Integrated wet sump
• Phantom Black (generally in stock)
• Cold Fusion White (built to order)
• Pearl Fusion White (built to order)
• Warm Fusion White (built to order)
Panel Color Options:
• Graphite Grey (available at short notice)
• Cold Fusion White (available at short notice)
• Pearl Fusion White (available at short notice)
• Warm Fusion White (available at short notice)
RPM Group Re-Powering Services - contact us for a qoute!
Professional Offshore Experiences also for private Customers:
You will benefit from our 20 years of re-powering experience on your boat - the same as we do for professional heavy users, such as Commercial Fishermen, Whale Watching Tour Operators, Fishing Charters and Sports Fishermen too - on extreme Vancouver Island Westcoast conditions – day by day!
Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) focused Re-Powering:
We design re-powering to accommodate your individual requirements while keeping the engine configurations sustainable, so that your engine RPM stays mainly in the middle range while retaining an excellent boat performance – with optimized configuration of HP, Propeller, Pitch to your boat measurements. This ensures the most economical operating cost for your individual boat specifications and style of boating.
• Pre Delivery Inspection - PDI*
• Water Testing - 100% ready for operation*
• Attractive shipping rates
For shipping in Canada, please call for freight quote!
*included, if engine gets picked up in Tofino or Port Alberni.